Aug 13, 2009

Partition wall - Day 2

Today, I installed only 2 posts for the partition wall. orz..

(BTW, when you type "orz..." it looks like someone is on his hands and knees and crying, doesn't it?)

As I was going over my plan in my head, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to take the thickness of drywalls to be installed.

So first thing I did was to fix it. I shorten the sole plates I've installed the day before with my chisel. I had to do this both on right and left sole plate, What a hassle.





Then I marked where the studs are going to be. But it was easier said than done when you are to do this all by yourself.

Then I got the studs up and held it with clamps.



Then nailed it with 16d nails.



I did the same thing to the other side and was done for the day.



Since this is a very crucial part, I am happy that it went well, though I did not make whole a lot of progress. More on the walls tomorrow.

No comments: