Aug 5, 2009

Playing with water

I took my family to a lake today.

We went to "San Luis Reservoir State Recreation Area", which is roughly 90 minutes away from where I live.

Here:


View Larger Map

Even though we are in the middle of summer, it was empty. Well, it was a week day after all. So what do you expect, I guess.

We took our dog along and we had a blast!

Koko swimming for the first time in his life.




We took a small recreational boat called "WalkerBay". You can either row or sail this boat.



My boys were rowing this boat, but it was pretty windy out there and they got pushed away very very far in very little time.

See the small boat in the back of the dog?



The boat became as small as

peanuts

in no time.

I was like "oh crap" and went to rescue the boys.

I am so glad I swam competitively for years when I was younger.

I got to the boat in a while, got on it and row it back to the shore. But wind was strong and was against us. It took us good half an hour to get back.


Then we played with the dog, played ukulele, had some snacks, swam some more, so on and so forth, but now I wanted to sail. So I rigged up Walkerbay.



Then I sailed out to the water but the wind was even harder than when I rescued my boat.



I haven't sailed for 2 years or so, so I ended up sailing left and right like Dr. Seuss


and eventually



capsized the boat.


Furthermore, I got so much water in the boat that I was not able to sail back to the shore, and ended up being rescued by nearby jet skier.

Well, so much for the fatherly authoritarian figure.

All in all, we had a blast!! It was probably the best day in 2009!

No comments: