Aug 7, 2009

Now that the floor is pretty much level, I am ready to install plywood to create rough floor surface here.

The first thing I did was to place this cement board called "Wonder Board". There is nothing wonderful about this "Wonder Board". It is heavy, stinky, and cracks easily. I wish if I didn't use this product, I should have put another coat of self-leveling compound.

This is what its look like↓
IMG_4656

The I placed very think plywood on the top of it.

IMG_4657


The next thing I did is to anchor the plywood down to the concrete floor. What you need here is an impact driver to drill holes to the concrete floor.

It was reeeeeally hard and reeeeealy laud.

My ears were ringing for a long while after I did this.

Not only that but my dog freaked out and kept barking the whole time.

Here is the impact driver.

IMG_4669

Here are the anchor bolts。

IMG_4670

By the time I finished all the work, it was well after 8:00pm.

IMG_4674


I played quite a bit with Koko on the new floor.

IMG_4678


I made a huge progress today.

Good day, I must say.

No comments: