Jul 17, 2008

Self made Attic (Loft?)

After I made the red racks, I've realized that I needed more storage space. So I created a loft in my garage by myself.

My long term goal is not to create just a clean, organized garage, but create a "comfortable space that would make me want to sit, relax, have some coffee and music ."

Only the extra storage space I could find was the space directly above my head, and so here is what I did.

This is how it looked like.





So I got some 2x 8's installed extra beams. Then I got some plywood and nailed them onto the beams.



As of 3 weeks ago, in mid-June-ish, I finished installing all the plywood except for the space where I was going to install an attic ladder.





So I got the attic ladder, took it home and it is....

HUGE!!




There was no way I was going to get it up there myself, so I got help from my colleague at work and carried it up to my attic. Installation of the attic ladder was very straight forward. I've created temporary support for the ladder with some extra 2 x 4's and nailed to the beams.

This is how it looks like now. When the ladder is up, it is kinda like this.






and when you get the ladder down, it looks like this.




I got more stuff stored up there now, and that means I got some extra space in my garage now.

This is the picture of the garage before I got the loft space.




This is how it looks like now.



Can you see the difference?


No comments: