Jul 26, 2008

now that I am done with putting drywall in my garage, I've worked on applying joint compound today.

All I got to do is to cover up the joints and screw holes with the compound.

I've read in some place that mixing the compounding just right can be quite tricky, so I bought pre-mixed compound.

I worked on it last Sunday and today (the following Saturday) and got it done. My wife helped big time. If she didn't help, there was no way I could have finished this today.

Here are some pictures.

Before applying compound:



After applying compound:




Before applying compound:



After applying compound:




It seem little messier but the wall joint should now be all covered up and not noticeable. Will see how it goes when I am done with painting.

If you want to try doing this yourself, I highly recommend that you get putty knives in different width. Don't be so cheap. Least get fairly narrow one to work on details and get wide one to get flat, even surface. Also get in-corner and out-corner putty knives. You can get the very clean, sharp corners with those knives.


I will work on the painting next. Will see how it goes.

No comments: