Aug 22, 2008

Kitchen Renovation: Installing Ethernet

Before I was able to begin remodeling my kitchen, I first had to relocate my wireless access point. Why? Because the wireless access pointed was sitting right on the top of kitchen cabinet that I was looking at removing. The wireless AP was where the red circle is in the below picture.



I decided to take this as an opportunity and reroute my Ethernet cable to go to other cabinet.



So I got into the attic. The Attic was bigger and wider than I had expected and easy to work at. It was more difficult to identify the exact location of the kitchen cabinet that I was planning on installing the wireless AP. I took very precise measurement of the location in my kitchen area and mapped it over to the attic and nailed the location.



Another pain was to put cat5 connector to this cat5 cable. There are 8 different cables within the cable.

Then this Ethernet cable come out to the small cabinet above the refrigerator. There are 2 cabinets and one on the left is where it is at.



I got the power from the power plug for the refrigerator.



Now the wireless access point and all the cables that goes to it are all hidden and the space look bit more cleaner without any visible cables.

Now it is time to select a range hood that I would like to install.

No comments: