Aug 23, 2008

Kitchen Renovation Project: Buying Island range hood

I spent quite a bit of time in picking the right range hood for my island kitchen.

The first consideration was the size. I did not know but there are generally 2 sizes to range hood, either 30' or 36". The one which was currently installed was 36", so I decided to go with 36".

The next thing was the design. There aren't whole a lot to choose from. Basically, there were 2 types to choose from. One was entirely made out of stainless steal. The other type had hood made with glass and the chimney part was made with stainless steal.





Price. It was all over the map. Some are in mid 400's and some are over $2000. I did really extensive research on this and ended up picking up this one. It was sold for $750.



I placed the order. I was expecting to take at least a week to get to me, but in 2 days, it was delivered to my house!

So I decided to get to the "real" work on 8/16. This is the last weekend before the kids get back to school and things get very busy again. Got to finish this on the weekend.

No comments: